Thursday, April 21

Go Foreigner

Me, Insanely Drunk?

Anyone who bothers reading this will be relieved to know that I don't think the marks are scabies. They do seem to be going. Maybe that nice smelling placebo the doctor gave me really works.

People (tutors/friends/family) will be glad to know that I am doing everything I can to represent you guys over here. First of all we foreigners invited ourselves to a party on campus, then ate their food and drank their drink. Then some of us ended up getting so stupendously intoxicated that we ended up falling in a couple of ditches and perhaps making complete knob handles of ourselves. Of course this had nothing to do with me at all. The next day it was raining brilliantly hard and I had to do the completely English thing of wearing short shorts with sandals and a raincoat (due to my trousers being so ditching muddy). Now I have been late to my previous two lessons, but today I did one better – I got the time so completely wrong that I missed the lesson by three hours!

Seriously though, I cannot believe how hospitable people are here. They are so kind, always asking you to do things with them. I'm just afraid that we are one big thuggish disappointment. If only people were this nice in England back home.

I promise soon I will start writing about something interesting and relevant to somebody but myself soon. I'm sure I can think of something original to make up about the culture here that reinforces prejudice and bigotry thus feeding what you want to hear thus making me brilliantly clever.

Anyway in the meantime I'll just spoon-feed you guys meaningless prose:
I'm going to pick up my bike today from Osu-Kannon station where I left it because I couldn't be bothered to cycle back. My bike is blue. It has no gear system.